Pages

11 February 2010

Eye on the prize...

Okay - that's a slightly misleading headline...
(What can I say, I am an ex-journo/sub-editor!)
Kate and Pam let me know this morning (as I checked emails between making tuckshop for 20 kids and ironing uniforms and clearing breakfast plates) that my spur photo had made the Day 2 list of Pioneer Woman's photography assignment...
I was (momentarily) speechless.debspur_0024
Lil' old Bush Babe amongst all those amazing photographers?
A big thanks to Ree for selecting the shot and appreciation to those who let me know.
I don't expect to get any further than this (semi-final?) but this is far enough to put a massive smile on my dial. I am inspired to keep on trying and stretch that little camera even further, and really, that's the main thing isn't it? I don't even know what the prizes are - so no, I don't really have my 'eye on the prize'. That's simply a pun on the next image...
.
I have added this photo to the massive melting pot of Ree's Depth of Field assignment
(we are allowed to enter one new photo per day). horse eye pw
Horse eyelashes.
Mmmmmm.
Those who read here regularly or have bought my calendar will know it already.
.
Hope you have something happen to YOU today to make you grin like Luna Park.
Let me know about it in comments...
*skips off to do the mowing*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I followed you here from PW's blog today. Your site is fantastic and I love your pics. The horses are great. Wonder what camera and lens you use. The colors are wonderful! I shoot my grandkids in horse shows w/a Nikon 60 and 200mm lens and they don't hold a candle to yours! Maybe yours is full frame...but the colors are just so rich!

Love your motto. I love to crop too and was enlarging till I realized I was losing resolution! Wasn't doing it right!

Will visit again! Nonnie

Leenie said...

Congrats. I saw your pic made PW's list. But I'm sincerely not surprised.

Tami Weingartner said...

I scroll through my reader every day so fast and had to back up when I saw this picture on PW's blog this AM. I love it when I recognize photos. Congrats!

The same thing happened the day before with Sara's photo.

Debby said...

Congratulations. And that dripping water one? I think that will get you there too.

PS. Your knee? I bet that's better, the way you're skipping all around. :^D

Pony Girl said...

SOOOOOOOO excited for you! Keepin' fingers crossed you get the prize. Usually it's camera shop g.c.'s ~ just think, you could get a new lens! ;)

Anonymous said...

I saw your spur photo yesterday and was very pleased for you that it had been picked!! I like the photo but I also like to imagine the "stories" that spur could tell if it could speak.
Nothing like a non calorie pick me up to make a gals day eh?
signed
Theresa in Alberta

BB said...

Thanks guys... such a lovely bunch of mates I have here in blogland!! Theresa you are right - it's the story behind the spur that makes it amazing. To be honest, I think there are much better photos posted in both batches already chosen - and if you trawl a little through the photostream, you will see even more amazing shots. How the heck Ree picks ANY is beyond me...

PG - Would love a new lens, but thinking I might need to keep saving those pennies!!

Debby - I was using the term 'skipping' in a very non-literal sense. I would fall down if I tried to skip. *sigh*

Tami - I love that people recognised it!! This shot is definitely in the folder for the next calendar, methinks.

Leenie - so sweet. I am a shocker with compliments (but you already know that). Can I just *blush* and change the subject?? :-)

Nonnie - welcome to the crew!! Glad you enjoyed your visit - a great many of those who come here regularly originally came from PW. You are in very good company...

Night people!
BB

Country Girl said...

Love the horse eyelashes and remember it well. Good luck in the contest!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on making the "semi-finals"! I think the eyelash photo is an outstanding addition.

Allison Waken said...

THanks for the comment on my blog! It's so funny you did because as I re-looked over the previous days your photo caught my eye! It's beautiful! Congrats to you!!!

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Congrats! Oh! Those eyelashes! But also...the reflection in the eye...WOW!