It's Wednesday today. I know this salient fact, 'cause I just arrived back from our one-teacher school where I help out with the reading activities. Plus I checked the computer date. Heck it's only taken me FIVE Wednesdays to actually get into gear for Weather Watch Wednesday... the idea I came up with. I am SOOOO organised!!
.
So what I'm going to do today is to share my weather and forecast (duh) and some images I shot during recent rains here on Granite Glen. Does it seem like it's always raining here to you? I assure you, it is not. I just talk about it a lot. And take more photos of rainy days and the glorious aftermath of moisture arriving on our countryside...
.
So what I'm going to do today is to share my weather and forecast (duh) and some images I shot during recent rains here on Granite Glen. Does it seem like it's always raining here to you? I assure you, it is not. I just talk about it a lot. And take more photos of rainy days and the glorious aftermath of moisture arriving on our countryside...
What can I say, it inspires me when it's green.
(More than this anyway!)
.
Below are a series of shots of water dripping and trickling from a beam underneath a big old bridge that links our place to our neighbours - we sheltered under there while inspecting the puddles of water in the river back here. I was trying to capture the drops clear and still in the shade of the structure - and not knowing where the next drip would come from made focussing tricky. Nonetheless, here's the result:
.
Below are a series of shots of water dripping and trickling from a beam underneath a big old bridge that links our place to our neighbours - we sheltered under there while inspecting the puddles of water in the river back here. I was trying to capture the drops clear and still in the shade of the structure - and not knowing where the next drip would come from made focussing tricky. Nonetheless, here's the result:
(I am also sharing basic camera settings for those interested in photo-nerd stuff. )

f 6.3 at 1/800 second

f6.3 at 1/500 second

f 6.3 at 1/200 second

f 6.3 at 1/200 second

f 6.3 at 1/800 second

f6.3 at 1/500 second

f 6.3 at 1/200 second

f 6.3 at 1/200 second
(Faster speeds freezing moving drips better).
.
.
Weather Forecast for today and next few days:
Showers predicted with up to 80% chance of less than 1mm
Showers predicted with up to 80% chance of less than 1mm
Temperatures ranging from 19 degree Celsius (min) to 30 degree Celsius (max)
Steamy.
Steamy spit.
.
NB This is my new entry in PW's assignment this week - just so you know, I have no hope of winning but I do like to take part. I don't mind not being selected - it honestly gives me a buzz to see what others can do. Inspiring.

10 comments:
Liked your camera nerd stuff. My favs are one and three. I especially like the way the round drops are lit against the shadow in the first pic. Your rain makes beauty.
Here in northern NJ we're looking at snow - 5-10"s worth.
High: 30F/-1C Realfeel: 9F/-13C
Low: 20F/-7C Realfeel: 3F/-16C
I love the second photo best but, as always, they are all beautiful and worth the look. It's pouring here in California, USA tonight. We also, need and appreciate the rain.
Those pictures are awesome.
I also froze water today. Actually I noticed some cool icicles. My water was a lot easier to capture as it didn't move. Check it out.
We finally got our "Snow Day" here in southeast lower Michigan! That means no school/work for me! We got about 7-8" of the white stuff last night!! They'll have it all cleared off tomorrow though and we'll all be back to work! High 27, Low 16, snow showers but not much more accummulation.
The East Coast is getting all the snow this time - I still have mounds and mounds of it from the Dec blizzard and light snow showers since. Currently it is 1 degree F here in SW Iowa, with sunshine! Supposed to get UP to 23 deg F. I'm glad you're getting some rain!
Nancy
What a creative approach to the rain. Well done!
Scott at World’s Best Photography Blog ;^)
Love your photo nerd posts; I don't ever hope to get a camera or talent to do what you're capable of but I like to pass on the tips to Feral Beast for his photo forays ;)
Weather in Melb - muggy, humid, sultry, wet cardboard atmosphere, tres yukkie!
I'm under about 3-feet of snow here in Maryland in the US. It's still snowing. We haven't had school since we left early last Friday and probably won't all week.
BB, I saw one of your photos on Group 2 at Pioneer Woman's blog. Awesome shot, too.
You take good pitchers. :^D.
Weather here: snowing. Not so badly as in other parts (we got a mild 7 inches). Dylan got two feet of snow on the eastern side of the state, and Cara says that the snow is up past her knees. So we shovel and plow and count our many blessings.
Post a Comment