Pages

13 February 2010

Barking up the right tree...

It's a gorgeous day here... and I just had to share.
ironbark_0097 e
Two sides of the same tree: an ironbark that is the final sentry to the driveway into our house.
First a shot showing the rolling green hills (thanks to the rain!) to the north...

ironbark_0095 e

And second looking west.

If you look closely, you can see the shape of the roof of our home (and chimney) in the background...

Ironbark.

It's just a great name for a tree.

Sounds like a movie. Or a Transformer.

Why yes, I have a seven-year-old son.. why do you ask?
Hope your weekend is gorgeous too...

7 comments:

Debby said...

LOL. When Dylan was seven, it was the Power Rangers and Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I love that first picture the very best of all. The very best. Gosh. You take nice pictures, BB.

Jenni said...

We have an ironweed, but no ironbarks. Hackberry is one around here that has some really interesting bark. Maybe I will get out today and take some photos of it to show you what I mean. Depends on what the weather is going to do. Right now it's not looking too promising.

Leenie said...

You are doing well with that soft focus depth of field effect. Nice job. Beautiful green pastures.

Kelly said...

Sounds like a wonderful name for a Transformer.

Beautiful photos!!

Unknown said...

hey hey...so it's not weather watch wednesday...but we got some snow and that is weather to talk about here in the south. plus it is a WELCOME change from the rain!

http://weallhaveonemineisjustright.blogspot.com/2010/02/snowday-in-georgia-2010.html

Jayne said...

Ironbark trees always remind me of Banjo Paterson's famous poem The Man from Ironbark :)

Unknown said...

PS: I used to have a very cool iron wood table base for a large rectangular brass tray from Pakistan I have. The base somehow was lost :(
Iron wood lives up to its name!