Pages

22 February 2010

Speechless...

Got this in my inbox this week.
It cracked me up.
classic sex education
Nothing hits my funny bone quite as hard as something written so very seriously.
Pretty much all of it makes me giggle like a silly schoolgirl.
Like the bit about avoiding exposing your husband to facecream.
And the completely 'in character' image of a satisfied wife to illustrate.
That peg bag looks positively dangerous.
Oh, and also referring to sex as 'congress'.
(No wonder politicians get so distracted!)
.
I was born at the end the decade this was (allegedly) written.
How the world has changed in my lifetime?
Whew... made it by THAT much!

15 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Still laughing. Totally. Different. World.

Jenni said...

Wow. Just wow.

Debby said...

You know, my husband would be pretty disappointed if I didn't call for a congressional meeting every now and again.

WV is rumpha. Why do I find myself wondering what Lady Gaga would have to say on this subject?

Anonymous said...

LOL; All so prim and proper.

Country Girl said...

Thank heavens it has changed. I like to think my husband gets up early just to have my coffee ready.

But really, he's just up before me!

A Novel Woman said...

Hee hee...

Kelly said...

What I find hard to believe is that this is from the early 60s.... I would have guessed maybe the 30s or 40s!!

Hilarious!

jeanie said...

Hmm - and we all aspire to be as happy and contented as a woman on the right, don't we.

BTW - WV is "oothe" - the sort of sigh, no doubt, to signal encouragement to your husband and indicate any enjoyment that you may have had.

duchess_declutter said...

Oh my. This explains a lot of things ......
However, what cracks me up the most though is the photo. To me it looks just like Rupert Everett in drag!! Is that really a woman??

Anonymous said...

This just goes to show "truth is stranger than fiction"? My husband has never drank or cared for tea so I guess I off the hook!
signed
Theresa in Alberta

Jayne said...

Crikey, no wonder Germaine Greer burned her bra (even though she had nothing to put in it) :P

Anonymous said...

Hilarious.
I would love to see a man who was shocked by face cream ....

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I'm still laughing. I'm going to read this to my husband and see what he has to say about this. I'm sure he will say he is living in the wrong era. :) The part where it says "When he reaches his moment...." made me laugh the hardest.
Thanks for the good laugh today... I need that!! ;-)
As they say "We've come a long way Baby!!" Thank goodness!
gine

Julie said...

ha ha ...Enjoyed my visit to your blog!

Julie
www.equusvilla.blogspot.com
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

Farmer Gal said...

Hah!!! Hee hee, ho ho... I wonder what they think a husband would say about hairy legs? I'm just sayin'... It's the dead of winter in Minnesota. A girl's got to keep warm.