What the hey happened this week?
It whizzed by me at a million miles an hour -
The week that went, it went... it just WENT!
~
So I am hereby announcing a change to the schedule.
Clearly I cannot meet the Wednesday deadline for my
Weather Watch Wednesday.
So what's a girl to do?
How about (in keeping with my obsession with alliteration)
renaming this 'regular' post
Weather Watch Weekend?
Does that work for everyone?
Hello... anyone still there?
Anyway, let's try it on for size and see...
~
Today is Saturday, and we have been out and about.
At a campdraft. (Yes. My husband IS addicted.)
and then
out of the blue...
BOOM!
Half an inch of drenching, quenching rain.
Right in the middle of the campdraft.
(Luckily I was huddled in the Prado!)
Among the sodden riders was Mr Incredible.
Absolutely saturated.
But he seems to have survived and is sleeping
like a contented babe tonight,
after breaking his own drought -
finally getting some reasonable scores
in his first round runs
in the Maiden, Novice and Open drafts.
~
It's another Halleluja moment.
~
So let's look at the forecast for here:
To recap: HOT, STEAMY, HOT STEAMY, HOT, STEAMY...
The a high chance of sunburn, the odd chance of shower...
And rain.
On Dash's birthday.
~
Your turn now... your weather outlook?
Don't forget to give us a general location too please!




17 comments:
What a hallelujah photo that is too! Love it.
Lovely, lovely day here today. Topped at a very pleasant 26 degrees, and we had a glorious swim down at the beach. Not too hot, not too cold. Juuuust right.
Hope you get just the right amount of rain and sunshine, especially for that very special day coming up.
Thunderheads are some of my favorite photographic subjects. I'll stand and take dozens of pictures while they grow and move and change colors.
Here in Austin, TX we're 'mostly cloudy' high 76*, low 56*. No chance of rain today. In other words, a glorious spring day. Unfortunately, the winds are supposed to pick up again. Gusting up to 20 mph. Days and days of high winds exhaust me for some reason.
Love that first shot of Violet drinking water. Sorry the campdraft got rained on! We've had some stormy spring weather here recently. It was even snowing when I left my parents' place on Thursday! I think today appears to be decent, though, and I'm off for a riding lesson and to see my horse!
Hi, BB - sorry about the rained on campdraft! Mother Nature has her own way of reminding us she's queen. It's 60F here now - partly cloudy and with a lovely Spring breeze. Supposed to reach 68F
Nancy in Iowa
Once again you have turned those thunderheads into a masterpiece. We have SUN HERE. After months and months of dreary gray cold snowy weather things are thawing out (except for shady places). Predictions for the U.S. Northern Rockies is even more sun. Woohoo!
Congrats to Mr. I and the rain surly settled some of that red dust.
Our weather here in New England becomes more unpredictable each year. The last two weeks have been downright balmy. 70F days and sunshine. Had our first thundershower a couple of nights ago. Beautiful lightening! No photos to share - I was to sleepy to get out of bed and find the camera.
Today we are having March weather- windy and 40f......at least the rain has stopped and the prediction for the next few days is 50f and sunshine. We can handle that.
We will be ready for thunderheads and hot steamy days by the middle of August - gardens will need the water and heat.
Great photos, as always :)
Hi Bush Babe,
Here in England we are having great weather for the time of year, sunny days around 60-65F which is really good for April. Children have been outside all day and we even got the paddling pool out - you have to take the opportunity when you can! ;o)
Great picture of Violet. Inspiring for a beginner like me.
Sarah x
That last shot is GORGEOUS!
It feels like snow flurries here in Montreal. Gah! Had enough!
The weather? That is what happens outside, doesn't it? After a very unsettled last 12 hours, Paris sleeps and I can look out of the window and see how the beautiful sunshine is only slightly muted by puffy grey clouds - just grey enough to put that moist chill in the air. The garden will be our haven once she wakes, I am sure.
I love the sight of storm clouds. There's an excitment of possibly some decent rain. Well yesterday in the Central Highlands/West QLD it was very steamy and hot. We all nearly died at Pony Club, the horses were wet with sweat just standing there. A showere of rain passed over home with 3ml and it is turning out to be much the same conditions today. I may just get my own chance of some storm cloud photos this afternoon.
That cloud photo is just right. Reckon it was waiting for you to turn up ;)
I have no idea what the weather is forecast for Melbourne - I swear they throw a dart at a board or pull it out of a suggestion box lol.
Windy and cool today here on the Central Coast of California, but not bad weather to putter in the garden. Rain forecast for tomorrow - maybe Monday as well. Things are still green and the wildflowers are spectacular this year!
Tonight: Generally clear. Low around 40F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Sunny along with a few clouds. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 68F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow night: Clear to partly cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low around 40F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday: Mainly sunny. High 61F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tuesday: Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 30s.
Wednesday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 30s.
I actually don't know the weather outlook. It seems fine, maybe a little muggy... probably high 20's.
Cause we measure things in celsius in South East Queensland!
Hot and muggy on the Gold Coast currently 94% humidity - top temp of 31c here yesterday (Sunday)...
Forecast high 20's today and looking like we may get a shower which the gardens will welcome.
We're just trying to get some Spring here in Northern Utah, USA. But I really just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your photos on this post.
Hey Bush Babe, too dry here, always love the rain - well mostly. As a new blogger I can't comment on whether you've been MIA too much, but wow those photographs are glorious, so I'm sure worth waiting for. I've just given myself a shake up and review of how life's working and set up a schedule for the things I felt were missing to make sure they happen. We can all put dental appointments in our diaries so why not "time to write" "time to have fun" It's working so far!
Post a Comment