I am quickly posting a couple of snaps from yesterday
as I face the clean-up from Dash's eighth birthday party this morning.
(Although I must acknowledge the amazing help I had
from all my fabulous guests in the washing up department last night
- is it an Aussie thing that every woman present
just pitches in and gets elbow deep in the suds?
And while we are on that topic,
I have the very best step-mother-in-law ever!)
~
Anyway, we started off the day bright and early
with Violet enthusiastically assisting Dash
in his present-opening endeavours...
Please Lord let it last for a few months for the trashing it is sure to receive.
Amen.
~
Dash went to school for the day - well, not school exactly, but the school cross-country.
Where he proved his parent's genetic abilities do NOT score high
in the land-speed department.
Sorry Dash!
And then, after school, half of his classmates
(from the entire school, which totals 18 students)
descended on Granite Glen to party hard.
~
The Optimus Prime cake was a hit too.
And yes, they are quite weird.
Everyone else made up for it though,
devouring a good portion of the marble and mock-cream creation.
Especially the adults...
And before you ask, NO I did not bake it
(our local bakery did a sterling job on that part.)
My contribution was the image on top.
(Those two sentences pretty much sum up yours truly!)
Heh...
~
Off to clean up now.
I suspect Axel has already started on all the edible debris on our patio.
I am SO lucky with all the assistance I get around this place!



6 comments:
Looks like it was a FANTASTIC birthday :)
happy Birthday Dash !
What absolute fun. Well, except for the cleaning part.
Beautiful pictures! The birthday looked great. American women all bond together over hot water and dish washing suds, too. Think it's universal?
quid
Every woman should have an Axel vacuum cleaner.
Along with the fabulous friends and family, of course!
Nancy
Tee Hee, I love the bare toes sticking out from underneath the battle armor.
Woohoo, looks like a great birthday, love the cake !
Post a Comment