I'm not exactly BORED with blogging
And I'm not exactly SHORT of bloggable material...
And I'm by no means disheartened by my commenters' input here...
In fact those three things couldn't be further from the truth.
Each gives me a buzz that's hard to describe.
You need to know these things.
~
you remember my last calendar?

The one I thought no-one would buy
and instead went within a couple of weeks? 
Well, I have decided to do another.
And this time I intend to offer them a little earlier in the year
(realising that late November was not an optimum time
~
But I need your help...
I find it impossible to select shots from my massive archive.
If you were to hang something of mine on your wall,
any (horizontal) image from my archives that says:
Australian bush or
Action or
Fun or
WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Would it be something along these lines?
(Hello darling Yvette)
Or this?
Maybe something colourful and rainy-day?
Heh.
~
Enter your suggestion in comments
- make as many suggestions as you like
remember that each entry gives you a seperate chance to win!
If possible, leave links in your suggestion
to either the post containing the photo you like
or the flickr address of the image itself.
(Note, if you click on my photos in the blog,
it should take you to my Flickr site -
except very old images which are Blogger-based).
~
I will do a random integer selection at MIDNIGHT Wednesday (GG time)from the resulting list of comments. The winner will get TWO 2011 Bush Babe calendars (including postage) - that's almost $100 worth of prize!




26 comments:
I love this image, the blue of the sky is amazing!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_J5cE1jpSCN4/SbMa4NfN33I/AAAAAAAAE1E/uQEdOAldfe4/s1600-h/mill_0132.jpg
Prett much ANY landscape shot of yours and I'm in love.
Like:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4507716362/
or
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/2673533180/ 9I know it's the wrong way around)
or
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4419123537/
or
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4361727724/
(you get the idea ... I love all of your stuff!)
I like that Mr I is in my panty - errr pantry this month. Where I keep my baked beans and stuff. Just so's you know.
;) x
If I could I'd order a whole calendar of your scenery/landscape shots. (And of course one of them has to include The Bunyip Hole.)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4507716362/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4460415077/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4419123537/
Those are my picks just going back a few webpages. I could be really tricky and do another comment with more, couldn't I?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4391790028/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4340685596/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4339940245/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4340683064/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4308221680/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4299685399/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/show/with/4481095981/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4270095270/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4107543991/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4102508750/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4092695246/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4091927339/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4044839606/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4000039492/ (This one makes me laugh!)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/3999226530/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/3877203807/ (or the one after it)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/3877201701/ (did I pick this one already?)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/3815527013/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/3527100348/
Gotta stop there and get ready to leave the house. I also really love the mailbox photo you have in this post. There were many others I would have chosen, but they were vertical or didn't necessarily say "Australia" to me. Like I know what says Australia! I swear some of them were saying "Kansas", lol. Also, I remember some lovely photos of a little church on a hill, but I didn't see them.
Mmmm...sounds like you need a bit of a change BB.
Looking forward to seeing what you decide on...
If I were to have your gorgeous calendar on my kitchen wall, I would turn the page at the end of the month and want to see...
Old fences with a bit of a rusty old gate and some wild colour nearby,
A close-up of a weathered old Aussie hand holding a little newer Aussie one,(cue your Dad and Dash or Violet),
Macro water droplets on some greenery depicting the magic of the rains,or...
The good old Aussie backyard sprinkler with the kids jumping through the water droplets...now sadly disappearing,cause when I look at that...I can hear the squealing of the kids...
A falling down old shack barely standing in a grassy paddock...and when I look at it...I can hear the silence...except for the gentle breeze in the grasses,
A Dad or Grand-dad walking off into the sunset holding hands with smaller Aussies hand in hand,
A bit of Christmas tree tinsel hanging from a weathered gatepost, determinedly Christmas despite the dryness of the outback.
You cant half tell I'm a very very frustrated suburban photographer can you BB?
I promise you...it hurts to not be able to just 'get up and go' and be out there!
But wait...hang on...you're already there...hey...how about you be my eyes!!!!
Hugs...have a great day...
You know, the picture that I love is the photo of Dash, his father and his grandfather riding off. I can't find it, and have no more time to look, but didn't you have a shot of them in the midst of a panoramic shot of scenery? There is something timeless about the land, and learning from those who come before us, about belonging, about each of knowing what is ours, etc.
You've got so many, but really, that one sort of stays with me. Sort of because it has what most of us long for...but sometimes never find.
Any of your images are fantastic, BB, your eye is perfect and you're spot on with angles/lighting/subjects.
You know your onions, girl ;)
Tamsyn - you know, that very photo will make it's presence felt in my big changes REALLY soon. How wierdly psychic of you!!
Corymbia, Jenni and Trace - gads girls! That's a fabulous array - but you should have entered them individually for more chances (and to make my comment count look more impressive!) Heh.
Julie - are you giving me WORK to do? Great ideas, and I shall very likely have to do a few of those... I suspect the hands one (Dash and my Dad) is back in them there archives SOMEWHERE!
Debby - FOUND it!!! Great choice... will definitely put it up as an option.
Jayne - cut it out wench! Is that what you call an entry? You are supposed to NARROW it down for me...
Now if someone can tell me how to remove one digit from the Random Integer thing, I'd be most grateful. I'd hate to win my own prize
*sigh*
BB
Rhubarb Whine - how could I forget you... now I shall have to come over there and paddle you myself! Mr I is blushing...
Can someone tell me how to remove TWO digits from my Random Integer thing... *double sigh*
I love shots of mustering, and long lonely landscapes, and fences, and cattle. And roads that lead nowhere or somewhere. Hmmm. Kind of sounds like my own photos from THIS side of the world! But that's what I take because that's what I love! I understand your "unsetled-ness" with your blog... I'm currently in that stage myself... good luck!
Ok - ANYTHING horsey, ranchy, tacky (as in horse tack!!!) lol
Also - your AMAZING landscapes of Australia!
Sorry I didn't link - but I am always blown away by the action and detail you capture with the ranching life. But then again...that is my passion too!
Don't know if you want Violet in the calendar but I LOVE this one: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/BushBabeAustralia/BushBabe05?authkey=Gv1sRgCPqo-aTrgfaLQg&feat=flashalbum#5242883185118475698
and:
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/BushBabeAustralia/BushBabe05?authkey=Gv1sRgCPqo-aTrgfaLQg&feat=flashalbum#5250588701885982962
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/BushBabeAustralia/BushBabe05?authkey=Gv1sRgCPqo-aTrgfaLQg&feat=flashalbum#5266290862452919202
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4460415077/ (LOVE)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_J5cE1jpSCN4/SdoO-W5iIqI/AAAAAAAAFJU/_ebTlsmcLnU/s1600-h/snake_0128.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4391790028/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4412211949/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4355265251/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4349569833/
So it turns out that i love all of your images...
Hey BB
Anything old - you know I love the old stuff!!! The rustier and more beat up and weathered the better!!!
Cheers
Gem
Doggarn it woman - you have 1200 uploads in your flickr so I won't trawl - its the one with the multi-coloured array of snouts in a stream with the pebbles - you know the one.
BTW - you will have to subtract 3 from the total, because I am sure that your good readers who actually did go through and select would be reasonably gripey if I scored free calendars...
Hello lovely, just wanted to let you know there is a little surprise waiting for you over at my blog (in the form of a Sunshine award). Thanks for adding a little sunshine to my days! xox
Oh goodness...there are SO many pics that I love! Just a quick perusal of the past few months posts, these were some of my faves...
Weather
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4460415081/
Horse butts
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4443611957/
Blue gum trees
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4419123537/
Bay Lulic
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4402557597/
Forelock braid
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4391790028/
Roos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4371650603/
Sky, pond
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4361727740/
Bottle trees
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4355265251/
Spur
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4342085056/
Dash mustering
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4328353997/
Mr I and sky
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4307483681/
Horse shoes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4242418676/
Calf w/wrong mama
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4169077546/
Road
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4146398329/
Can't wait to see what you end up with! And get one for my kitchen in 2011!
And btw - I totally had a giddy little moment when I realized that the one and only BUSH BABE had visited my lil' blog and commented! ;)
I don't know how to do the address thing, but here were the names from Flikr.
dam_0081
bdraft_2251
lizard_0297
weather_1858
draft_0296
orpha_0115
moon_0519 close
rain_0320
mycountry_0193e
More to come!
newyear_0042
calves_0036
rain_1693 auto e
goanna_1058
duststorm_0881
dust_0064
emu_0056
weather_0184
roos_0792e
show sunset e
bottletree against sky e
Okay, I can't pick just twelve.
I find that I'm more drawn to pictures of scenery and sky. Vague, I know. Sorry. :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/2594570644/in/set-72157605706877024/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/3011561422/in/set-72157605706877024/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/3978855099/in/set-72157605706877024/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandapix/4532588243/
.......just a few i love!
Sorry BB, just don't have the time to properly look thru the pics right now, buy you know me and anything with horses or cattle are my faves! So lots of mustering! :) xo
Curious to see the changes you have in store for us!!
I CHECK YOUR BLOG ALMOST DAILY AND REALLY LIKE TO READ IT. i WOULD LOVE TO WIN A CALENDAR.
Gah, shame on me. I forgot to come back when I had a minute and now it's 1 a.m. my time and I'm tottering off to bed.
Just to say, I love the landscapes because it's always wonderful to see somewhere so completely different from home. But honestly, you can't go wrong with any of your photos. They are all amazing.
Now I really am going to bed.
I agree with A Novel Woman..I love all of your work but the landscapes are what I'm drawn to and stare longingly at. I've fallen in love with Australia!
OK...so I went through your flickr photo's as much as i had time for and posted a bunch of links in here and wrote you a little something and it is not here!!
Most of the ones I liked were landscapes, weather related, one polo shot....i do not have time to go back and redo and I do not know why it did not post! dagnabit!
Post a Comment