Mornings have been foggy affairs round here in the last couple of weeks.
There is something quite surreal and beautiful about the softness of a morning mist.
There is something quite surreal and beautiful about the softness of a morning mist.
Gorgeous really.
Dash spied something quite beautiful in our garden
(not my neglected plants though, sorry to report).
And he thought I should take some photos...
I know that not everyone loves spiders -
heck if one crawls on me I slap it away as quick as the next person...
And so we left the garden-dwellers to their work.
Back inside to our breakfasts.
Leaving them to busily improve on my non-green-thumb gardening efforts.






19 comments:
Fantastic pics! Spiders are quiet the aerial artists, aren't they!
Love spiders! Orb weaving ones make the most beautiful webs. Fabulous pictures!
I have to confess - spiders creep me out -but I am drawn to their 'art' as well. Especially on a foggy, dewy moring! Those are awesome! We don't have too many spiders where I live since it's so dry and open and they blow away!
Oh My Lord...now those are beautiful photos...Dash has a good eye! Took my breath away!
I have also taken a few photos of a spiders work...close up with my Macro!
I try not to look too closely at the spider...I avoid him and look just to the side a bit...but cant miss the opportunity to capture the beauty of the web, the tiny droplets of water and Yes...even the spider!
Beautiful work BB and Dash...!
Leave it to a boy to find something like that for you!! I love to see webs as long as my face isn't what finds them on a walk through! (labeling myself as a "home-wrecker"!)
NOT SPELLBOUND, NOT SPELLBOUND!! AIIIEEEE!!
(off to cower in corner, except that's where spiders tend to collect)
Spiders are one of my true phobias.
Great photos! The webs are so lovely
Your pictures are spectacular! The color of the flowers behind the spider web make the photo so beautiful. I also slap spiders away and have been known to squash one under my shoe as well but, when I see one making a web I must stand aside in wonder because it truly is a work of art. Besides that they go to so much tedious work, don't they?
Please, no spiders in the house with me, but I do love looking at their webs.
Those webs LOOK delicate, but they certainly ain't when they are wrapped around your head.
Just saying.
Ooooh, I love a good spiderweb picture.
:-)
Oh the orb weavers! Spiders can creep me out--like so many have said, when you run smack into their webs or they're dangling right in front of your face from the visor in the vehicle you're driving, etc., etc., but they are absolutely fab at making "works of art" particularly as you've captured them, with water droplets strung along their filaments.
One fall day my son and I (he was kinda young and being home schooled at the time)saw a gigantic orb weaver working on her web just outside one of the living room windows VERY close by. She was a huge girl and gobbled up the previous evening's damaged segments then spun and connected endless sections one to another from the spokes to the spiral lines. We watched for the longest time. This spider was probably like the one in your own picture--the body was about the size of my thumb, from the tip to the first joint down. The legs were much longer, of course.
However, on that particular day, my son's sharp eyes located a second spider, a rather small spider that was an iridescent aqua color. It spun it's own web within a foot or two of the bottom anchor lines of the big spider's web. It was quite a cool experience to watch each of them. I wondered if the large spider would allow undisturbed co-existence or would find a little snack waiting in the south end of her vast "estate." The pretty metallic arachnid was still on the scene a few days later when we checked.
Memories! I love nature. Most of the time! haha
PS I like your crepe myrtles, too, BB. In fact my husband and I are looking for some to plant--just about that color, too!
Love the pics, my son loves the spider, win:win lol.
Did you know I have arachnophobia?? :) It took a lot for me to look at these photos, LOL! I do really appreciate the intricate beauty of a spider's web though, ever since I read the book "Charlotte's Web" as a child. I always feel bad when I have to knock one down on a trail ride with my horse. All that hard work, so easily destroyed! :(
I don't mind spiders - I have been known to try to save one from the shower. Tried. Failed. But I really love the beautiful, intricate webs, and I adore your fantastic photos of them! I agree, though, I do not like walking into one in the woods!!!
Thanks for another marvelous upclose look at Nature.
Nancy in Iowa
Young Dash man is developing an artist's eye!! that spiders web is like spun lace, so pretty, and thankfully out of doors and not in my living room ;-)
signed
Theresa in Alberta
Gees, BB. You freaked out NW today, and a couple days ago, you freaked me out. What kind of sadist are you?
Great shots. I'm like you, not a spider fan, but can't resist a great web. Thanks for sharing and happy Easter.
Post a Comment