Have I been a bad blogger lately?
I know that I am guilty of being MIA more often than usual (for me)
from this blog and the comments section of others too.
Apologies. I have been a little preoccupied.
It's not that nothing is happing.
The action HAS been kinda frantic...
Both with non-blog related (and non-bloggable) activities,
AND behind-the-scenes things here too.
I have been re-thinking things a lot.
Wondering if I am getting a bit 'stale 'here.
Wondering if I need to shake things up.
The thought has occured to me that I should stop for a while?
Or maybe attack things from a different angle.
Or something.
Getting a different perspective.
Perhaps it's just time for a little contest to spark things up?
Or something.
Changes.
~
Would you like to see a change here?
Have you changed things lately?
How did that go for you?
Is it REALLY as good as a holiday?
Share some wisdom or wit!
(Lord knows I seem to have misplaced mine)
:-)
BB




23 comments:
Don't go changing, to try to please us... you never let us down before..!! .... [etc etc.. help me here Rhubarb!!]
In other words..
We love you just the way you are!
Well, I do anyway...
And I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates that you are out there living your life.. I for one know that when the pace slows down for a bit you'll be here with your wonderful gems of stories and images.
I actually think it's fantastic that life gets in the way of blogging sometimes... it means you're out there living it. To the full.
Seriously.. I wouldn't want you any other way...
I soooo second traceelemnts comment! Keep on being you and if you don't post everyday, you can bet that we will ALL still be checking in reguardless... I love this blog!!
Nooooooo, don't go away, I just found you!!!! But... I got bored with my blog a while ago. It happens. I think I kinda got into a rut and then it all became a bit boring and chore-like. I've mixed it up a bit, moved away from my original plan and I'm a whole heap happier. Do what feels right for you, I'm sure I speak for a whole heap of other readers when I say we'll still be here :)
DITTO
Don't go changing to try and please us
You never let us down before, mmm mmm...
And don't imagine you're far too absent
And we don't visit anymore.
We would not leave you in times of no posts
You'll always be in our toolbar,
We read the good times we read the bad times,
We read you just the way you are.
We love your clever conversation,
You always work so very hard,
You are that someone I love to talk to
We love you just the way you are.
You need to know that you will always be that lovely blog that we turn to
Your images show your strong willed passion
Do you see how much that we love you?
We said said we love you - that's forever,
And this I promise from the heart,
You could not blog this any better -
I love you just the way you are. xx
(Tracey - is that OK?)
Do what you need to do. I know that when life gets busier, quieting my mind to blog seems harder and/or less desirable. I've had moments where I questioned whether or not I wanted to continue doing it. But then I look back and read posts from a year ago, and realize how much I treasure them and how much I love chronicling our lives this way, and I'm happy that I've stuck with it.
I knew you'd get it spot on Rhubarb!
Ditto to all other comments too BB. We all understand the need to have a break every now and then!
In the words of Master's Apprentices "do what you wanna do, be what you wanna be, yeah"
(Its because I Love You)
Oh - and my wv is "fildedi" - in the classic words of Auntie Mame
i know of what you speak BB. i know not the answer. i say "do what you feel moved to do and be happy with it"
i've had a lot of changes in my life the past few months and life has been busy and i have pictures...and stories to tell, to document in my blog...FOR ME most of all, and....i am not gettin' her done! should see how many posts i have started and saved and not finished to date.
so, i will click in when there is something new here and enjoy those times all the more...right???
it's all good.
Ditto and ditto again! We love you and life can get so busy/overwhelming that blogging has to take a back seat--look at my own attempts lately.
No one is hold your feet to the fire, unless Debby comes by to do so, and she'll only joke about it. We will be patient. We will wait. We know we will be fed--whenever you've got fodder for feeding us. (There, I used your alliteration, or is that Jeanie's alliteration????) Please just "do what you want to do, go where you're going to, think for yourself cos I" WILL "be there with you."
Just sayin' ;P
Whoa peoples... I don't need eulogies yet! Thanks so much for responding so amazingly though... a bit humbling really. I am just looking to change things a little. Can you all cope with some changes? Promise to hang around and help me through?
:-)
BB
I hear ya, sistah. I've been thinking the same thing (not for your blog, mine.)
Sure I can cope with changes. Change is good. And if it's not, you can be sure this lot will let you know quick enough, eh? Have we ever been known to hold back?
My word ver is "walisms" which sounds like a new blog name, no? What's next, Rooisms?
I don't suppose you'll give us a sneak peek of exactly what changes you're thinkin' of, eh?? ;)
I totally understand your feelings, as I just went on a major blog break. Like maybe permanently. At least in the format I was in. I just felt like "me" was not encompassed in my blog anymore. I am so many things- cowgirl, photographer, home decorator, photographer, crafter, fashionista, writer....and yet rarely do ALL of those things interest people. Most readers wanted just horses, or perhaps the home just decor stuff....but together? It was like I didn't know who I wanted to be. I guess I just needed to be myself and whomever gets it and enjoys it, they "get it." Well, I am starting to blog privately just for my family right now, to have a way to communicate with them about what is going on in my life, and it's working for me. I would like to start another public blogging journey someday.
So yep, I have noticed you've been around a lot less, and I've missed you. But I also know we all have our "busy times" of year and just assumed that was what was occupying you.
Whatever you do, don't changed TOO much. I mean, stick to the family and ranch life, I really enjoy living vicariously! :) xo
Yeah, just fiddle with the colours til you feel happy with it again!
Hey BB, I love what you do but you have to do what feels right. I have struggled with a decision about my own blog for 6 mths and just this week made the decision to shut it down. I am opening another one that has a focus mostly on the wildlife that seems to consume our lives now. There will still be a little of the stuff that I love - photography, my kids etc- just the focus will change.
Good luck and even though I don't comment very often - I know that you know that I visit lots!!!
Love ya
Gem
Uh. Actually, I didn't think you were getting stale. I'd suggest not changing nuthin' but that seems unfair if you are bored. So I'd say this. If you cannot blog every day, don't. And furthermore, if you can't blog every day, you shouldn't feel guilty. My word verification is points. Everyone has made some good ones, I think.
I *love* this blog. It's one I religiously check because it's always interesting (and written by a very caring, kind and gorgeous chick;)
As for changing things ... my normal blog is a bit light on right now and I found that the things I wanted to write were getting filtered by my inner spin doctor ... so I started a new blog to write the things that I had to write without worrying that I'd offend / worry / disturb my regular readers. It's helping me a lot. (and for the record I don't mind if I'm found on my other blog by you guys and I may even put a link on my old blog soon because I think it is really working out OK ... it's just not de-swear-worded or de-intense-feeling-ed at all like my normal blog is).
I may not always comment, but that doesn't mean I'm not reading. Personally, I always enjoy reading/viewing whatever you provide. Do what suits you (and when it suits you for those busy times). If you wanna shake things up a bit... go for it!! I'll still be here!
BB,
I think your blog is lovely to read and I certainly enjoy your pictures. More pictures of what surrounds you would be lovely.
S x
First, a holiday is always better.
Second, if you want to shake things up, go right ahead. I'll keep coming by no matter what.
Well, unless you go psycho or something. But then I'd still come by to see how crazy you were! (sorry. it's human nature).
xo
Well personally I love your blog the way it is (gotta say apart from the black background, it does my eyes in). So don't go changing, don't feel guilty if you miss a day or two... just relax and enjoy!...
Well, South Dakota loves you -- but if you want to shake it up a bit, I'm game! Ready for anything, BB!
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are not allowed to leave us! Except of course if you really feel you need to but please don't! A big chunk of day would be missing if you were gone :-( I just love your blog so much, it makes me happy! Love you!
Post a Comment