Holy cow... or should I say Holy Great Dane?
I arrived home late tonight to be alerted to the incredible fact that Cosmo the Great Dane (and keeper of an entire corner of my heart) has made the fourth group of Ree's doggie pics.
In some seriously HOT canine company...

She chose this shot - of my lovely late mate watching the very same little fella (just out of frame this time) he was photographed with in the previous selection.

She chose this shot - of my lovely late mate watching the very same little fella (just out of frame this time) he was photographed with in the previous selection.
This one was taken on the beach/mudflats at Sandgate (Brisbane, Qld, Australia) in 2004.
*sigh*
He was a great galloping galut and I still miss the big boofhead.
But what an amazing honour - twice.
(All those 'also-ran' efforts in previous assignments will keep me level-headed, I promise!)
.
I realise I have been a tad self-indulgent this week.
So tomorrow I will offer you something different.
What would you like to hear about next?
1. What happened to Bay Lulic the one-eyed cow?
2. How to cut up beef (from scratch)? (You heard me), or
3. Magic mushrooms
24 comments:
That picture is so beautiful.
I vote for all three! but I suppose if I have to pick just one…I'd like to hear about Bay Lulic the one eyed cow.
What a majestic animal.
I too vote for all three and also for Bay Lulic the one eyed cow if vote has to be for one.
cheers,
DavidM
You did very well... my dogs did NOT make the cut! Congrats! What's next? Well, we have a one-eyed cow, we call her Stinky... I've cut up all sorts of wild game and beef... so I vote for Magic Mushrooms!
+Vote for #2. How to cut up beef
You take great photos! Enjoy your blog; however, I have a question.......
On Feb 18, 2008
Bush Babe - Our King of Hearts-Part 1 you posted:
I was a photojournalist for a newspaper living in a seaside metropolis
On Feb 28, 2010
Pioneer Woman-YOUR Dog Photos-Group 4! you posted:
Comment 92 March 1, 2010
To those feeling frustrated at the professional versus amateur thing, I hear you. For the record, while some people have paid me to take photos in the dim distant past, I have never had a formal lesson in my life.
.....I'm confused.
Just wondering, is a photojournalist for a newspaper not a professional (formal/informal lessons aside)?
Signed, Inquisitive Mind
I learned today that my my brother's family has to put their Boston Terrier to sleep today. His heart is failing; his lung has collapsed. Tucker is 12 years old, I think. It is so sad when a loved pet dies :-(
Another wonderful photo of your Cosmo.
I understand about the "dog on a pedestal to which all subsequent dogs aspire to live up to". Ours was our first Rottweiler, Angus. He helped raise our kids.
hmmm - I go for option 4 - what happened on that beach involving that dog while said boy was in utero?
And the other 3.
I'd like to hear about the one-eyed cow....I love your cow pics! I would take pictures of cows all day if I had access to them, LOL! ;)
Congrats on another photo being selected! I finally got some dog pics today, of the dog I'm staying with. It was a practice in patience! This one purposely avoids the camera every time I point it at her, I swear.
I'm going to have to go with How to cut up beef (from scratch). . .while we have laying hens here I haven't separated anything into it's basic parts, ever. Except human cadavers. Gruesome, no?
Fabulous picture!! Congrats on the PW win.
I vote for #2. It's good to know where the hamburgers come from. :)
Congrats, it's a gorgeous photo!
I vote for one or three... not so keen on number two!
LOVE this photo :)
And I vote for all 3 :P
I do wish you would stop doubting your talent - you know I think your shots are amazing. I am supremely interested in the one eyed cow, however - I would love a refresher on cutting up beef, or any animal for that matter. Can you show the bleed shots as well? (I am not gruesome, I am a butchers grandaughter and genuinley interested!)
Mornin' all - just a quick answer here to 'Inquisitive Mind'... (Heh, I love me a good anonymous handle, don't you?)
I appreciate your comment very much, and also the effort that went into the research for the question (someone actually clicks on those back links I put in there!)
For the record, I arrived at a regional newspaper as a green 22-year-old as a photojournalist - I was trained as a journo, not as a photographer. I WAS around a lot of good photographers but basically taught myself. I didn't (and wouldn't) claim to be an 'amateur' but neither am I a professional. I have no lights, no studio, one old camera and one battered lense. The only website showcasing my photos is my blog.
I am completely astonished to have two shots selected in this bout of assignments at PW's place - I have entered almost all her previous lots with pretty much no success. When I said 'I hear you' I mean I know what it's like to feel like one of the gazillions. But you know what - I think I get enormous inspiration from the other entries whether mine get selected or not. I love seeing how other people look at their subjects... different angles, different ideas. It makes me rethink how I shoot stuff... and stretching those brain cells is a good thing! Have you entered stuff in her assignments IM? If so please post a link so we can come and check it out...
Gosh... I think I just wrote a blog post in my own comments section. (Hopeless).
:-)
BB
That is a wonderful photo!!
I would love to hear about the one eyed cow!
PS Didn't make the finals... but got such a kick out of getting two recognised that I shall be on a high for a week. Appreciate everyone's support - I am not worthy!
:-)
BB
gorgeous photo!
speaking of photos, you must be the
prettiest blogger in the world. hope my
husband doesn't see it. :)
thanks for the visit.
blessings,
lea
Okay, do magic mushrooms enable you to breathe through your nose? If so I vote for magic mushrooms.
PS. We all took a vote. Turns out that you are worthy.
Hello, guess I'm the newest regular reader here. And thanks a lot for all the posts through which you have just opened a brandnew view of world for people, like me, living in the opposite part of the planet,,,After following your posts these days, I have decided Australia is my favorite country (of course only next to my own country)now.hhh,,,
The cow! The cow!
That is a great photo and certainly deserves the recognition. Way to go!
The one-eyed cow....but only if it's not related to #2 (how to cut up beef). Magic mushrooms would be cool, too.
I hear you!! Bay Lulic is UP. Kinda. Check her drama out on new post...
:-)
BB
Post a Comment