Pages

3 March 2010

Eye Spy

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with 'B'...

bay lulic
(Remember Bay Lulic aka Bella? Original story here)
...
I spy with my little eye, a cow who saved a calf from starvation.
orphan_0104
I spy with my little eye, a cow who took that orphan on as her own in an instant.
orphan_0109
I spy with my little eye, a cow who is part of our family now.
orphan_0112
I spy with my little eye, a cow who is one of the best mothers ever.
orphan_0114
I spy with my little eye, a cow with only one working eye.

orphan_0115
(A fact that never impeded her ability to care for her adopted 'son'.)
...
I spy with my little eye (a couple of weeks later)...
housecow_0498
a cow with a new problem...
housecow_0476
Something which makes life a whole lot harder for her...

baylulic_0012
I spy with my little eye...

baylulic_0015
Pinkeye.
baylulic_0018
A serious infection that has blinded our darling Bay Lulic.

Lots of antibiotics and TLC and eye cream later... she can see shapes again.
housecow_0477

So the crashing into trees and fences has lessened a little...

And the need to walk her in each day from up the paddock so she can find the trough for a drink, is a little less urgent.

Oy, the DRAMA.
housecow_0486

I wonder... you reckon the TV networks need inspiration for a soap opera cow?

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww....

Anonymous said...

Oh, my eye is tearing up over that cow :(

Anonymous said...

I would rather deal with this real life drama than the stuff I read about in the news papers :-( At least yours has a happy ending........
signed
Theresa in Alberta

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you decided on cow pictures. It's sad that she is blind but good that she is yours, as you are taking good care of her. The pictures and captions are wonderful!

Reddirt Woman said...

I spy with my little eye, a cow to die for, a cow to sigh for, a cow to be thankful for and to care for because she can raise an adopted boy for B.B. so we can have this story to cry a happy tear for...

Not as good a B.B. captions but this has been one of those sleepless nights.

Thank you for the beautiful Bella stories. I love happy endings.

Debby said...

And now my mind is whirling off - What would you name a soap opera about a cow? Not saying I have an answer. I'll be thinking about it while I study for a two chapter psych test though. Thanks for that little distraction, BB!

*walks off musing*

Bay of Our Life? The Old and the Milkable? Or we could go British: The BeastTenders...

Oh. This is fun. A lot more enjoyable then drive reduction theories, or operant conditioning and classical conditioning...

BLAST YOU, BB!!!!!

Kelly said...

Debby...I think "Bay Lulic" would be a perfect title.

BB, this was nice. And I'm glad you waited until you could tell us that the meds were helping her. I would hate to have been left hanging with her totally blind! (like in a soap opera!!)

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! I'm glad Bay Lulic is on the mend.

Love the cow pics. I've taken some recently of a friend's cows. He has 5 babies and another one on the way. It's still grey here in North Carolina (snowed again yesterday) and the grass is brown. Love the green grass in your pics.

Nonnie

Pony Girl said...

How old is Bella? She is so kind. What a great mother she was to that orphan! Is pink eye like "pink eye" that people get? I've never had it! I didn't know cattle could get it, I'm glad it cleared up and she can at least stop banging into things! :)
Love these pictures, really captured her personality and I just love cow pictures in general!
Have a great day BB! <3

Unknown said...

Oh sweet girl! She has just got it rough in the sight department eh? I'm very glad she lives with you and has people to help her. She must have good milk, that calf is getting huge!

Thanks for the great story :-)

Mom L said...

Bella/Bay Lulic is an awesome testimony to generous motherhood. I'm so glad you can help her remaining eye! It must have been awful seeing her walk into things....maybe her adopted son could be trained to be her guide!

Nancy in Iowa

Leenie said...

People who know animals understand each one has a unique personality and temperment. Your golden beauty is literally a life saver. Even though the orphan looks a little odd with those floppy ears and rusty color it matters not to her. What a mom! Glad she has people who care as well for her.

Danielle Michelle said...

You're such a good cow momma! She's not the only one who can care for others!

Oh the things we do for our 4 legged family members...

Anonymous said...

Here's to you Bella, the Queen of Mothering Mothers; my heart sings when I think of you. I hope that BB can find you a good bell to wear. That way it easier for you to find BB when you need her. Bella, your young charger has grow. He looks fit and strong. Thanks BB you have truly gave life to my day. - Bill

Country Girl said...

What Rhubarbwine said!

Great post, too BB.

Paint Girl said...

What a great story. That is one lucky cow to have you care for her so much!

Jayne said...

What a lovely post to such a devoted old girl :)

Debby said...

Bay Lulic is the perfect drama queen. She knows how to milk things for all they're worth.

Farmer Gal said...

Missing an eye, pink eye, and FLIES? That poor, dear cow. Isn't it wonderful, though, how she is such an inspiration for the rest of us? (As our you for taking good care of her sweet bovine soul.) :)

The Texas Woman said...

We had a blind albino calf born on our place years ago. It was my job to run her in the mornings, until her wildly kicking legs almost did me in. Then she became (cover your eyes if you are sensitive to such things) stew meat. Just life on a farm.

Unknown said...

Animals can be EVERY bit as inspiring as any human can be! Love that DEvine BOvine!