Pages

23 March 2010

Forever Friends

When Dash was very, very young, he had a bit of a tough time.
It's not a time of our lives that I think about too often...
even when I link to it here,
I don't go back there myself.
I just want to make sense to whoever just arrived at this blog.
...
Through all his ordeals,
there were regular visitors to his world who were amazing.
Among them was a babe who innocently kept things
very 'normal' for both Dash and his shell-shocked parents.
This little girl was three weeks younger than our son, and he just adored her.
And despite the fact that more than 500km now seperates them...

kids_0015

and often almost a year flies by between visits, he still does.

kids_0009 e
Thank God for good friends.
Especially the ones who keep it real.
(I am looking at you, Dash's friend's Mummy.)

11 comments:

Shirley said...

Friends are a gift from God; these two sure do look happy.

Mom L said...

Even little people need friends!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the "tough time" blog post again. Dash and his friend do indeed look happy.

Debby said...

Awwww. Thank God for his friend, and his friend's mummy. Don't you wonder where this will end up 20 years from now?

Country Girl said...

What a great couple of photos, BB. I don't know the story but from the gist of it, I take it he was ill. Good to see him looking so happy.

Jayne said...

What a lovely source of support for Dash and you :)

Elizabeth from the Gold Coast said...

How very sweet, it's friendships like this that last a lifetime....
Way back in the dark ages when autograph books were the 'in' thing one of my teachers wrote this in my autograph book.....
"When making new friends forget not the old, the former are silver, the latter are gold".....
I have never forgotten this simple little verse - how true it is.....

Dar said...

The innocence of children takes us back a simpler time. Their friendship will go on and on. This is so heartwarming. I love it.
God Bless the Children

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Forever friends are special friends indeed. They don't come along all that often but when they do... they make your whole life brighter.
Now you made me cry because I'm missing my forever friend very much today.

Pony Girl said...

I love the way you told that story about Dash, it's so honest and heart-wrenching. I am not a parent and so I don't think I can truly understand the emotion that is involved with being a parent per se, but I can imagine. I feel it enough about my horse, and often wonder how I will ever be able to be a parent and ride that roller coaster in scary times!
So glad that Dash has such a special childhood friend, they are too cute together! Think they may be destined to be sweethearts someday? ;)

Kykaree said...

I read "up the duff" in pregnancy too (except I live in England where "duff" is not allowed so its called The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth instead), my baby was born at 27 weeks, and I too wondered why tube feeding etc wasn't mentioned in any of my baby books! Or that baby's come in hats and live in plastic boxes!

I also had to give up expressing for the sake of my sanity, I did it for 10 weeks.

Your story was told in such a sensitive way, Dash is a brave warrior with very brave parents.