Did I MISS something this week? Like, um, the WEATHER WATCH?
Sheesh... hopeless.
Not too regular here at the moment (and trying to bat kids away from the computer as I type this - blinking 'educational' websites). So as we enjoy a tiny break in the rain patterns here (NOT that I am complaining) and share a couple of snaps of the by-products of the wet weather...
Can't see? Look closer...
Weather for this neck of the woods:
21-28 degrees and 87 percent relative humidity (aka: stinking steaming hot!)
90% chance of 10-20mm rain (keep bringing it on, Hughie)
Frost risk - 0 (no kidding Einstein?)
Rest of the week filled with 'more possible showers'.
...
And before you ask, NO we are SO not sick of it yet, despite being almost flooded in on a couple of seperate occasions in the past week. We have had almost 15 inches of rain for 2010 already - not so far off our entire rainfall last year! Each soaking we get tops up our dams and adds to our underground water supplies - meaning we can go for that bit longer without rain when the dry season arrives (as it surely will).
..
I do feel for those having to evacuate their homes because of flooding in Charleville and St George... check out news reports here. And the flash flood in Melbourne (see Jayne's pics).
...
And how about you?
What's Mother Nature up to in your part of the world.
I wait with bated breath!




11 comments:
Wow, it's beautiful! Those photos really make me crave summer! We had a nice day weather-wise here....tomorrow is the day I get to see my horse and of course I hear the rain is on it's way back. Ah, well!
Great shots! Its wet here too - our dams are well and truly overflowing. Loving the green paddocks!
It's incredible to me, something so simple, as the varience of weather the world round. Can't imagine walking out into the day with bare arms. Bet it feels good. Especially when they can stay dry.
xo
erin
We're getting a little taste of Spring here in NW Pennsylvania. We have enjoyed sunshine the past several days, with more days of sunshine in the forecast. It has been dry too. The temperature has climbed into the upper 40s too .. NICE! Your Crepe Myrtles are lovely. The grass looks lush and green.
The weather here in southeast lower Michigan is improving, day by day. There is still snow on the ground due to our few but significant snow storms but it's definitely melting. Temps for this weekend are in the high 40's and sunshine both days!! Rain is even predicted for later today (Sunday). I'm just waiting to see the first Robin to know that Spring has really arrived!
Here in Georgia: having an absolutely beautiful weekend! Spring Fever!
We've had sunshine the past four days in south Arkansas (Yay!!), but rain is on the way.
Loved your bee picture!!
More heavy rain last night, all through the night and this morning...now blazing bright sunshine and clouds of steam as roads dry lol.
Love the pictures....makes me hopeful that spring will be here soon. However, it has been snowing steadily for over 24 hours. It's those little tiny flakes that take a million to make an inch of snow. At midnight the snow reached a depth of 8 inches so at 3 am off we went to plow the church parking lots and several local shops. Forecast is for more snow but this afternoon has been blue skies and temps in the low 30s.
I want flowers and sun and rain and mushrooms and warmth and...and...*sniffle* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I'm sick of winter. Make it stop, make it stop, oh puhleaze make it stop.
Sorry. I could not help myself.
You have flowers growing. Blooming.
So not fair, to those of us who live in Canada.
Today was a benchmark day. Absolutely gorgeous, compared to the three foot high drifts and blowing/drifting snow I have experienced. I plowed the road with my Minivan....
I kind of know what you are feeling here.
My husband lost his brother at 15, the brother he lost was 19. It's hard to know what to say, except "I'm sorry for your loss."
What else covers it?
Post a Comment