Pages

23 January 2010

Tease...

I might have mentioned things are a little hectic and dusty
and frayed at edges here at Granite Glen this week...
It's stud branding time which means that we muster in all our best cows and calves, separate mums from bubs and then 'mark' the youngsters so we can identify them and follow their progress over the coming years.
.
It's full on and furious.
It's hectic work.
It's hot work.
It's very, very loud work.
But, occasionally, in the midst of the chaos and cacophony,
you can find peace and silence,
if just for a moment.

bbandparis_0238

And here we have a rare BB image with her most darling baby niece, Paris...
and yes, I was doing a little gentle nibbling here people.
Can you blame me?
She's scrumptious!
.
Most posting when the dust settles slightly -
be assured/scared...
there are LOTS of photos...

17 comments:

Deb said...

Paris is darling! How could you not nibble just a little? I can just smell that sweet baby scent :)

Good luck with the branding - you all must just fall into bed at night.

Anonymous said...

ohohoh,,can I have a bite please ?
signed
Theresa in ALberta

A Novel Woman said...

Nibble away, but save her feet for me.

I can't even smell a baby without getting sympathy contractions and I don't even MIND. (sigh) My only hope now is for grandchildren.

Carla said...

Baby snuggles can melt away the even the longest day.
Baby toes for me, please. Followed closely by tiny ear lobes.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! She is so gorgeous! I really need to hold a baby, STAT!

Pony Girl said...

Darling baby and name, too! :) SO glad you got some nibbling time with her, LOL! Can't wait to see all the pictures from the hard work you've all been putting in!

Gone2theDawgs said...

What a precious pic! Nice to see you enjoying a quiet moment. :)

Kelly said...

Awwwww, what a sweet photo!! So glad you shared it with us!

Anonymous said...

Paris is beautiful!!!!

And I guess I will have to be content with a partial side-view of BB

gramps

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Oh I love this—two angels.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm - the smell of baby-head.

I'm looking forward to your pics, although I'll leave the marking to you!

duchess_declutter said...

ahhh... that sweet baby smell amongst all the dirt and noise. Looking forward to more and more photos!

Leslie said...

Oh my - how gorgeous!

Pencil Writer said...

Fabulous Foto! Oooooooh. Baby nibbling I can't wait. In about 2 weeks I get to nibble my littlest granddaughter! She's so tiny and sweet! Enjoy, BB. But then I know you are! Rejoice for babies! Hang in there with all the dirty work outside, too!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh! Just gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...

PageRank Check said...

oh amazing little angle

Debby said...

You are a tease. And Paris is darling. I can't believe I missed this post.