Pages

18 January 2010

And the winners ARE...

Alrighty then... tis done!
We giggled and scratched our heads and snorted at your entries...
as usual it was outrageously hard to nail it down to just one winning comment
but Jeanie has spoken and
The Winner of the Bush Babe 8" x 12" print of their choice is:
Jayne!
generation_0080 (2)
"You know, Dash, I think I used the salad oil instead of the saddle oil last night!"
We are arguing that it could equally be said vice versa - depending on the apparent discomfort level of our erstwhile father. Heh!
.
It was a hard choice. I loved Stephen's hat angle, and those who guessed something gate-related must know my Dad in real life! He lives to get others to open gates for him (his knees protest all that getting on and off!). I am taking a paddle to Pam (A Novel Woman) and The Accidental Housewife for their extremely risque remarks - well, I would, but I suspect you would both enjoy it far too much. You made us totally snort. And I am currently holding my hand over my mother's eyes. I am afraid I might have to explain y'all! Too funny...
.
Oh, hang on. There was another prize wasn't there?
The Winner of the fabulous Aussie DVD "The Castle" is:
random number jan contest

Random number generated (for total of 31 comments) - 7
And I think comment # 7 belongs to: T Lee
Persistence pays off!!
(You will have to give us your review when you get the movie!)
Thanks to everyone for taking part! We loved your work.
.
And I suppose you want to know the REAL story?
(Can YOU handle the truth?)
Well... it really comes from my uncle - Dad's little brother - the ex-rodeo rider.
.
When we were kids (and he was a 20-something-year-old cowboy) he would ride up behind our ponies as we rode out to muster, and stealthily lift us completely out of the saddle. (Think buckjumping horses or bulls, and that dude who flies in on another steed to lift the hapless rider from his bucking animal and away to safety). If we were lucky, the pony would just keep on walking at relatively the same pace and we could maintain our dignity and slide back into the saddle calmly. If not, we would be left mid-air, legs flailing and begging to be put down.
He would laugh uproariously and say:
"What? You never been taken off by a professional pick-up man before?".
Which was really hilarious, because we had. About a hundred times. By him. Never failed to amuse him. We learned to have eyes in the backs of our heads. And we rarely volunteered to ride out on a muster in front of him!
.
So the photo that looks like my Dad was gently patting his grandson on the back was actually a prelude the same playful threat:
"Ever been lifted off by a professional, boy?".
Dash has had little experience in this department, so was too naive to be nervous. I'd say Mr Incredible's body language says "I don't think that's a great idea!". And perhaps remembering that his daughter was documenting activities behind him, Pagi had second thoughts and kept on riding...

(If you noted the comments you'll see Jeanie-the-Judge spotted the scenario immediately).
.
Hope you have a great day - we are headlong into branding today so posting might be sketchy. Will check in on y'all later though.
And winners - please email me at your earliest convenience.
Au revoir...
BB

9 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Great contest and lovely photo

Pony Girl said...

Oh dang it, I forgot to go back and add an entry! I was stumped for creativity when I read the post originally. Ah well, I love the winning entry. And I love the real story, too!!
Have fun at the branding, see you when you get back!

Unknown said...

persistant like a swarm of bees....LOL

Cool...My daughter and son, the older ones, 19 and 18, can watch with me! I will send you our review for sure! Who knows...the 3 year old may even chime in ;)

Thanks!

Tammy Lee

Jayne said...

Ooooooo Thank you!
Email sent ;)

Country Girl said...

Congrats to the winners. And good luck with all the branding.

Debby said...

Okay, now I understand what Jeanie was saying. I must have read her comment a half dozen times, and didn't get it.

Have fun branding. And enjoy your sister time. And holding that baby, that lovely lovely baby...

*sigh*

small home said...

What a nice contest! And what a lovely photo! I missed the country!

Unknown said...

I missed the contest but i love the pics! So great. And i officially love your dad. He is a hoot!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Unless someone has already made a comment and you can link that way, it is hard to leave a comment on your post. If you click the envelope you get your email. Anyhoo, I had persevered because I had to tell you that I love your site. Your stories are so interesting and well written. And your pictures are beyond words. Just magnificent in every way. I felt that I could chew on those baby toes right through the picture! I'll look forward to many more posts from down under.

Blessings,

Lori