I love nice cars. In another life, I might have been a bit of a rev head. I love the latest Land Cruisers and Lexus and Audi convertibles, as a girl I had posters of Lamborghinis plastered on my bedroom wall ! (I have an eye for expensive things... sadly, not the wallet to follow through!) And even though our Prado has seen better days, I do love it's styling and still take a bit of pride in it (when I have the energy to wash the vivid red dirt from it's surfaces and orifices).
...
So I waited with great interest when Mr Incredible's brother and family arrived up for Christmas in his spanking new BMW four-wheel-drive. I'm not sure it had ever seen a real dirt road before and despite serious efforts by pretty much every member of my family to convince him to "give it a real go", "take it for a bit of a bush bash" and let them "go for a spin", his baby stayed snugly in the carport their entire stay here at Granite Glen. Locked. My father failed to conceal his extreme disappointment. He always wanted a something a bit flash like a new expensive Volvo, but could never convince my practical Ma to convert from her love affair with the Ford Falcon station wagon. I take after my father in all kinds of scary ways!

I'm ashamed to say that I was therefore delighted to notice evidence that the shiny ice-blue Beamer's bush visit didn't go totally unrewarded (or unmarked) by it's sojourn into the Queensland sticks...

Now normally I'm not much on the wonders of Kermit or anything slimy ... but this was such a fabulous example of Amphibian Graffiti!

Doncha think?
Well done my little green friend.
My brother-in-law was quite good-natured about the slippery scrawl, but has since thought to mention how difficult red dirt is to remove!
Yar.
Tell me about it!
8 comments:
lol! We have brown dirt that's almost as hard but no real frogs; all of the snakes have eaten them!
I have to admit though that the frog "graffiti" is actually kinda intriguing!
Love the amphib art!! Kind of a statement about leaving it in the carport and not taking that puppy out for a good trial.
Almost even better a razzing than any of you 2 leggers could have given your brother-in-law.
Too funny!!!
Helen
Never saw frog graffiti before, but after eyeballing your Prado, I'd suggest that the next time you go shopping, you pick a reddish orange colored car.
Sorry BB, that was me back there. I didn't realize Brianna was logged in.
Very cute art work! White cars just aren't made for the bush are they? Neither are navy blue - which we have !
I love the amphibian comments left by the unknown critter - frog? lizard? iguana? or goanna? Looks like a love affair with a tire!
Nancy in Atlanta
Okay that is so cute! i love those little feet. You can see the little amphibian strut he has going on. That makes me miss the geckos in my house when i lived in Hawaii. The lizard and amphibians in Utah aren't as friendly (and when you try to catch them their tails fall off, it's horrifying, yet i keep trying). Tell your BinL that the Beamer looks good decorated with red dirt and footprints :-)
What a lovely froggy footprint pattern! How can you NOT love that?
Post a Comment