Pages

29 February 2008

More old stuff... with love

Have had some requests for more pics of old stuff around our neck of the woods. This is not too much of a challenge for me:

A) Because I love old things - they are just more interesting!!!

B) Because I AM an old thing (not really, just getting in before my toyboy husband does!) and I think I get more interesting the older I get (too much navel-gazing perhaps?)

C) We have LOTS of old things around Granite Glen to take photos of (no dump trucks to haul it away, so old, broken-down stuff tends to hang around and look really groovy in situ)... and sometimes the old, museum-worthy stuff is still being used!

D) I love taking photos of old things...

So here is a small selection to keep y'all happy...

Gate in yards, disappearing into green panic...

Timber in branding crush, weathering away...

Old wheels, keep on turnin'...Old grader, keeps on churnin' *

Love

Bush Babe
* This is true - this piece of machinery - pulled by a tractor to maintain dirt roads - was retired just a couple of months ago and is still regarded as the "back up" grader!)

2 comments:

Debby said...

I've never seen a tractor pulled grader before. I understand the 'call of the old'. It fascinates me, as well. Thanks for the pictures.

Alison said...

I love old stuff, too. It gives me a sense of being part of a bigger picture.
Great photos :-)